View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:44 AM   #1992
trickster
Greek n00b

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixblack1 View Post
Hi everyone, 2008 990 Adv S with stock EU fuel map running stock exhaust (hopefully not for too much longer). I've recently adjusted my secondary butterflies to minium 25% opening in an attempt to fix the snatchy throttle issue. It's helped a little but I don't think it's the right way to fix it. I've read this entire thread and have seen the occasional reccomendation to load the later fuel maps and also power-trips fuel map. Those with 06-08 bikes that have done this have you found this to help? Have any chucked a wideband on/put it on the dyno to see how the motor is coping with these richer maps? I'm worried with our mismatched cams and ignition maps the motor will be running too rich. Has anyone had a custom tune for the 06-08 990s that they are willing to send me?
I tried yesterday tripp's map and the bike wouldn't even start. For our bikes (pre 09 models) the best way to go in my opinion is with shootis map. Or perhaps with a custom map from a tuner..

For your problem i fixed the snatchy throttle by purchasing the oval second butterflies.
trickster is offline   Reply With Quote