View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:21 AM   #120
bikerfish
flyfishandride

Oddometer: 1,375
I agree, our series has lost it's credibility, it's a joke. yes, we had the big 4, Ducati, Harley, and a paddock full of stars. then the assholes decided they wanted to change all that, the manufacturers were holding back the sport, you had to have a factory ride to win, blah blah blah. well yeah, because it's FUCKING SUPERBIKE, not a club race. if you want club racing, then go club racing. but this was the top of the sport in america, yes, it should have the fastest bikes and the fasted riders, but ama/dmg fucking killed it dead. fuck them for what they did.
and now we have what we have, which I just can't bring myself to get excited about, or even watch.
I feel bad for the racers. ama superbike is no longer a stepping stone to the international stage. will WSB and motogp teams follow any of our guys anymore? I doubt it, the series just isn't strong enough, they look at the spanish and british championships instead. any of our guys that have an eye on racing in WSB or motoGp are gonna have to do it the hard way, they will have to start in moto 3 and move up the ladder. Winning the ama superbike series will no longer matter for those wanting to move up.
I think back to the first superbike race I went to, mid-ohio, 1989, and since then, the number of champions we produced that went on to race overseas and either win championships or at least be competitive, an amazing number of racers actually. I really hope to see those days again, but in reality, I don't think it's gonna happen.

bikerfish screwed with this post 02-06-2013 at 04:36 AM
bikerfish is offline   Reply With Quote