View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 5,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie98 View Post
We did almost the same loop starting in OK city. We spent a day in Page, AZ, a day in North Rim, 2 days in Zion. Mesa Verde was nice but didn't get to see much since it started to rain. They don't tell you that is 20+ MILES just to get to the parking lot after you pay to get in. Don't get me wrong, it's a really nice drive, but we were in a time crunch.

Also don't miss Great Sand Dunes national park. amazing stuff. I would also suggest you stay in North NM. and heat towards your Waypoint #2 again. It's a nice road.
Great Sand Dunes NP is definitely on my list.

I'm in a time crunch, too, if I want to see everything. I don't know if I'll ever have the time & money to do this again, so I'm trying to visit all these places just in case.

I would love to be able to spend a day or two at each location, but that's just not in the cards. This trip. Maybe next trip....

Anyway, I do very much enjoy just riding through the great scenery. I can take great pleasure in that, even if I don't get off the bike often enough.