Thread: Bicycle thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #27260
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2whl-hoop View Post
I was at the LBS the other day and a leftover C-dale Synapse Carbon Rival caught my eye. Anyone have any experience/opinions on this bike? I read some online reviews, and a few mentioned that standing up and hammering can get the chainstays flexing and bouncing, but only a few reviews mentioned this. Most of the reviews talked about it being lightweight and comfortable, both qualities I'm looking for...

Also, the bike is equpped with Mavic's Aksium Wheel-Tire-System. Anyone know anything about this? If I don't lke the tires can I just swap them out without issue?
My buddy has the exact bike and loves it. The black/light blue combo looks killer.

I wouldn't sweat what the magazines say. Apparently, all the staff can flex anything. If it's compliant, it's unbalanced and doesn't precisely handle. If it's stiff, then, it's harsh. Screw 'em. Jump on that thing and take it for a good long ride. Only you know what you feel and like.

As Gummee! mentioned, there's nothing proprietary about that wheel/tire setup. Wear 'em out.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote