View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,110
While most things in motorcycling is very subjective, and while I have recently begun to enjoy a cruiser (my new H-D 48) for what it is, I would never say that a cruiser is the most comfortable bike made. Especially if it has the ever popular forward mount foot controls. Not for me anyway. I traded mine out for mids pretty quickly and find them much better for me. Nor would I say that they are the most functional practical bikes out there. They are full of compromises in layout and ergonomics, often strictly for the sake of "style", and they commonly place form over function.

With that said, to each their own, and I do enjoy mine for reasons other than what you described. And if it's what blows your skirt up, then that's all that matters. Ride on!

As a disclaimer, I'm specifically talking about a standard "cruiser" and not about a cruiser based tourer.

And I won't pass up an opportunity to post a pic of my new bike either!

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is online now   Reply With Quote