View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #14629
2bold2getold
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,407
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Mudder View Post
Hey all, first post!

Just pulled the trigger on my first dual sport! A 97 dr350se! It will also be the first 4 stroke I've ever owned, 4 dirt bikes before this, but all 2 smokers. Picked it up for 400 $. PO say's apparently the cdi box is shot and needs replacing, but that info is from the owner before him who stated it just lost spark over time. So, I would like to try to rule out everything besides the cdi before dishing out all the money for a cdi box. I'm doing a far bit of research on it, and I think I have it mostly figured out of where to start, but if anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated! I was hoping to tear it down and rebuild the carb, basic stuff just seeing really more in depth of what i got this weekend, but I believe we got snow coming so that will be put on hold. Pic's coming soon!
There has been lots of discussion about loss of spark on this thread. Most of the time it is related to one of the neutral interlock switches (clutch, side stand, in gear) or kill/ignition switches. I think most people remove/disable the clutch and side stand switches.

2bold2getold screwed with this post 02-08-2013 at 07:21 AM
2bold2getold is offline   Reply With Quote