View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 10:43 AM   #16752
hbmichael
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Carb VS FI

Gentlemen,
Im in the market for a Triumph Scrambler. Just not sure if a FI model is in my best interest. A little background.
I purchased new in 2007 a Triumph Bonneville. What a bitchin bike it was! I made some moderate mods that really enhanced the character of my bonnie and deepened my love affair with her. TOR pipes with the supplied up sized jets, Air box mod with KN filter and AI delete. I put 15000 trouble free miles on her and had the biggest fuckin smile Ive ever had on any bike Ive owned. I was persuaded to sell her to a friend for nearly what I had paid new and unfortunately succumbed.
Now, after a few years, Im REALLY missing her bad. But I think I like the Scrambler style even more. There are plenty of 2012 and 2013 models available for a reasonable price. But I know the first thing Ill want to do is upgrade the exhaust and any other needed mod to go along with that. Call me crazy, but a pleasing exhaust note (plus any little performance upgrade) contributes to the experience.
So that brings me to the question, Do the FI models respond well to after market exhaust (TORS, Arrow, Etc) What mods are a must to go along with this? AND most importantly, is there a stumble just off idle with the FI bikes? If so, is there a real cure? Im tending to lean toward looking for a 2006 or 2007 model just because theyre carbed. I appreciate any honest opinions and wont begrudge anyone for their opinion.
Thanks!
hbmichael is offline   Reply With Quote