View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:01 AM   #14630
Frankdozer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Mudder View Post
Hey all, first post!

Just pulled the trigger on my first dual sport! A 97 dr350se! It will also be the first 4 stroke I've ever owned, 4 dirt bikes before this, but all 2 smokers. Picked it up for 400 $. PO say's apparently the cdi box is shot and needs replacing, but that info is from the owner before him who stated it just lost spark over time. So, I would like to try to rule out everything besides the cdi before dishing out all the money for a cdi box. I'm doing a far bit of research on it, and I think I have it mostly figured out of where to start, but if anyone has any tips that would be greatly appreciated! I was hoping to tear it down and rebuild the carb, basic stuff just seeing really more in depth of what i got this weekend, but I believe we got snow coming so that will be put on hold. Pic's coming soon!
Hey NH Mudder....I looked at that DR in Center Conway on January 19, Saturday about noon time. The young guy that owned it didn't know what a good bike it was. I liked it but I was looking to purchase a no need work bike. Great Find and Great Price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frank
Frankdozer is offline   Reply With Quote