View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #32
Mr_Gone OP
FIGJAM

Oddometer: 6,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanb777 View Post
What about "staging" So send your bike to ALB, or someplace you can pick it up easily to ride on. Saving your time for important parts of the trip. You could even take a previous few days to get it there. Or ship it.
I like the idea of staging my bike, since the first day and half is spent riding through some really boring country. But you know what? That first day or two, I'm decompressing from work, and I'm simply enjoying the extended seat time on the bike. So while I'd like to have some of that time back (especially toward the end of the trip), it's not so bad. For me, riding is the point of the trip. If I just happen to be riding through some beautiful country, then that's just a bonus.

I might stage my bike when I go to the West Coast and Pacific Northwest, though, but for right now I'm just in recon mode. I'll ride out, see everything, get a feel for what I want to see again on a future trip, and plan my return visit.

There's what people want to hear, there's what people want to believe, there's everything else, then there's the truth!
Mr_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote