View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #3287
avconnect
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty in all View Post
I agree 100%. Same exact set up but I did/do tweak the JD Tuner. I have mine mounted up on the frame close to the headlight so I can adjust it while riding. I deal with altitude from 0 - 500ft or so and temps from 10 - 95F. There's a small hiccup that shows its face once every few months so it does require a bump up or down, mostly in the mid range. Recently I put a supermoto setup on it and the bike is a screamer. I have an Aprilia SXV 550 that is also supermoto setup and sees alot of dirt roads and the occaisional trail. On the pavement I swear the EXC is faster and it does it with less violence, if youve been on an SXV then you know what I mean. The EXC surpases it hands down in all other areas. Ive been on WR250s, Husky 610s, DRZ 400s, KTM 690s and I wouldnt trade the EXC for any of them. In dirt trim is where the EXC really shines. The bike has made me a better rider in every way and the confidence it inspires for me is unmatched by any bike or time in my life with the bikes Ive owned and been on. I was getting a lot of flame outs in the begining when the bike was only desmogged and I found that just bumping the idle up a click at a time until it went away was good enough. Im also a very clutchy rider, I dont mind using it and Im very mindful of it so maybe thats part of my fix or lessened issue with it. Since the tuner Ive not had a flame out, the bike lugs in low rpm very well.
I have had zero issues and did not have to install a JD tuner or like device. I simply desmogged and re-mapped and the bike has absolutely no issues. Runs strong and snappy. Added an FMF 4.1 titanium exhaust system, including the PowerBomb header and that added a noticeable boost but was not necessary, just lots of fun and lightweight. No flame outs, no hesitation, no stalling. Just hard snappy acceleration. I did turn the idle up considerably, removed the filter at the throttle body and added a Golan filter plus a fuel sock in the tank.
avconnect is offline   Reply With Quote