Thread: Ohlin TTX's
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #18
vlhugo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
here is it

See the response from Ohlins USA below. I looked over the installation instructions (see PDF), my best guess after reading them is @4 hours to install the shocks and the new Ohlins ECU that comes with the shocks. The shock kit is $3442 and will be available at the end of March. Let me know if you want to move forward with this project so we can put a deposit down and get the shock kit ordered.
Can you send me yours description? Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okie Preacher View Post
Just got off the phone with Dan at Dan Kyle racing working on a set of the Ohlin TTX's for my '09 GS.

The ESA version is $2,754.00 while the manual set is just over $2,000.

That is a new set of tires, an oil change and 3,000 miles worth of gas for the privilege of adjusting them with the push of a button.

I am one-up 99.5% of the time with the only real variables being panniers and luggage full or empty (100# of gear tops), and dirt or pavement.

Am I missing something here? Are there any significant problems going from ESA to the manual adjusters that I might not be considering?

Any advice welcomed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head Fred View Post
What the hell are you buying...I bought a new set of TTX's for my '07 Adv for $1938 (non ESA) I would reccommend the neoprene covers also for $70.
vlhugo is offline   Reply With Quote