View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #142
alison's wanderland OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodly1069 View Post
Hey Allison glad to see you updating again, hope all is well with the belly! Sure don't envy any of that! Anyway, I have a question about the exchange rate. I was looking at your picture of the fuel station and am assuming that the posted fuel prices are expressed in soles? If so, that makes the upper mid grade posted at 15.80 equal to $6.13, I hope that is not in litres! Can you enlighten me please? About how much are you spending on a tank of fuel for the KLR? Thanks for the insight!
Having some down time to work on the bike and get myself back in order (more on that later) helps - as long as I can find internet.

As for fuel prices... you are right. Most of the time we put in 90 octane which is $6.23/gallon (luckily not liters) and averaging fill-ups at every 150-200 miles, which my KLR gets about 50mpg, I spent $19-$25/tank. Double that if riding 300+ mile days. Peru is by far the most expensive. And coming from California, I thought prices were bad.

2003 KLR685 – gone with the summer winds of Patagonia : 2012-13 -> L.A. to Ushuaia
adventures in : alison's wanderland
alison's wanderland is offline   Reply With Quote