View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 08:51 PM   #28572
Manuel Garcia O'Kely
Back at last

Oddometer: 12,347
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkitna View Post
This ammo shortage is starting to piss me off. I didnt know how bad it was until a few days ago. Wife and I went to Cabela's because I wanted to buy some 110GR or 148GR WC's for her .38 revolver. None. Ok, i'll just pick up some 90GR 380 Fiocchi's since they have a rounded head and I wanted to try them in the Sig since I think the flat headed ammo is getting stuck on the feed ramp and causing the jamming issue. None. Ok, screw it, i'll go home and order it online. None. Out of stock everywhere. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever get back to normal.

If there was any positive to the trip though, is that I got to check out the Springfield XDS .45 a little. I would love to shoot it as i'm looking for a compact .45 now that I dont trust the Sig P238. Eh, i'll do some more homework.
Really sucks big time. I was on Cabela's today. No 9 MM Luger, no .308 except top tier hunting loads. No .22 at all - they don't even have listing for them anymore! Not even backorder options.

It's just beyond stupid, since no one has called to restrict ammo sales. This is just panic stupidity driving up the price for the respectible shooters.

Ugh. What a lousy time to rekindle my love for shooting.

One has to wonder if the supply of ammo is being artifically controlled now.

There's casting, then there's running into the stream with a baseball bat trying to club the fish to death. - Jim Moore
Manuel Garcia O'Kely is offline   Reply With Quote