Thread: Buell S3T?
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
waveydavey
happy times!!

Oddometer: 9,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptiMind View Post
I'm not really planning on upgrading it. I must've misunderstood, I thought the Race ECM had more control over the FI, and that the 99 being the first year had issues with FI. I read somewhere the race ECM fixed it. The exhaust was taken care of by the previous owner.

Only reason I'm thinking about suspension is for 2-up riding, not for performance sake, but for the ability to ride without bottoming out. I'm all about touring, don't plan at all to race this. It'll only break 100 across Montana, and it'll never be rev'd to redline. I want this bike to last, the only upgrades I'm considering were ones I thought necessary to keep this machine running long.
Well, I suggest that you ride it for a while before you make any changes to the exhaust etc. I agree that if it runs fine you should just leave it alone. I had a vance and hines pipe, hi flow air filter and a Race ECM installed before I picked up the bike, so I don't know how it would have ran completely stock. Never had an issue with the engine with the set up I had. The factory 'bread box' air filter assembly is great crash protection.

FUCK CANCER!!!!
waveydavey is offline   Reply With Quote