Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #37
EmptiMind OP
Stoopid Youngin'

Oddometer: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotey View Post
This bike?

http://spokane.craigslist.org/mcy/3560446395.html

Dump that stupid D&D muffler, put a stock muffler back on it and ride the piss out of it. The noise of that exhaust will tire you quickly.

I see the 16.5" Showa recall shock on it. They die. You can get them rebuilt but, that's false economy on the 16.5" Showa.

You can often find the 14" replacement shocks on Ebay (new). You need the updated front mount to install them. Sometimes, they are bundled together as leftover 'recall kits'. It's also a Showa. Not perfect but, the best of the later factory shocks.

It makes so much torque that I often forget that it makes power above 4500 RPM. Hate to tell you but, it's not going to cruise at 100 MPH for very long. 101 HP just isn't enough for that and you'll be wound out to get past the century mark; it happens but, not very briskly. It doesn't matter. It's brilliant between 40 and 80 MPH and that's where most sane people spend the most time.
Oh yeah, not at all planning on cruising at 100, just saying the only time it'll even break it is in Montana. I'll probably be at 50-80 majority of my riding. That is the bike I'm going after. Didn't know it was posted on Craigs too, saw it locally.

I called Buell, and they said it had all recall work done already, was that showa not recalled for the 99 S3T?

I also love the orange frame, think it looks great.
EmptiMind is online now   Reply With Quote