View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #43
AJ990R OP
motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcho View Post
Up and back on the Dalton in one stretch. "Saddle up or Shut up" Nuff said Man, the GS was trashed.....Rider was ok...
thanks, that was by far the highlight of my trip. The "saddle up or shut up" slogan came from dinner the previous eve with Justin(& Justins lovely girlfriend, whom he met on his South America trip & moved here to be with! Justin was originally from Minnesota) & Parrish, it was on the underside of a beer bottle cap(some beer from Montana). They said I had to keep it with me for good luck (I currently have it glued on my panniers) They laughed at me, when I told them I had to be home in week or so. They also helped me plan a route home, they said I should ride the Denali hwy, but if I hit rain, it would really slow me dowm on that route.
Yeah there was twenty guys around inspecting Hackymoto's GS after that incident, A lot of them there, & Alaskans in general, love their BMWs & couldn't believe it. But that GS had very hard life from what I understand.
*I also should note that I twisted my ankle pretty good, going like 5mph & pulling off the hwy for a break in very loose gravel on the side of the road, the front end slid out & I saved it by putting my left foot down....hurt for several hours. Coulda been worse but someone would have found me if it was

AJ990R screwed with this post 02-09-2013 at 07:57 AM
AJ990R is offline   Reply With Quote