View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #2221
Ricardo Kuhn
a.k.a. Mr Rico Suave

Oddometer: 12,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by championsound View Post
I ended up moving the fork to my Foes but then I started having problems with it. I'd be out riding when all of a sudden the seals would blow and I'd have to finish the ride without a front brake cause of all the weeping oil running down the legs. After repairing the fork 3 times and going though 3 sets of Hope brake pads inside of a month, I had enough so I sold it even though the stanchions were pristine.
Now you can get "improved" seal holders that in theory they don't pop out, so far I have problems with mine, but I have read the stories..

Quote:
I've had a couple of upside down forks (Marzocchi Shiver on the BWM, and a Dorado on my dh bike) and never had seal problems.
I have two shiver's my self, a SC and a DC, they are so heavy but they actually work really well plus they are so cool, I always want a Dorado in fact I almost purchase a SC before I got the DUC32..

Quote:
was kind of bitter too since Maverick didn't help me out on the frame (cracked the headtube).
Yeah is pretty sad when company's mess you up like that, specially with such expensive frame..