View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
kaosrider OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 791
To Ride or not to Ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zane Neher View Post
What will make this a no beginner ride? Im an experienced noob.
Outside of street bikes, Im stuck with a Dr250, so this may not be a ride for me?
There are those that can travel the world on a Vespa, so if you are up for it we won't stop you. These are going to be 2 long days. 200+ something miles Saturday and a little more on Sunday (typical dual sport event ride is around 130 miles). The routes are intended to have as much "offroad" as possible, but there is a fair amount of unavoidable pavement. Since this is Florida there is a high probability of some 4 letter words, like (sand) , which tend to bring out the other 4 letter words....

This will not be fun for someone who has never experienced Florida Sand. It does not mean this will be a "very" difficult ride, with lots of sand. It means just that for those beginners with regard to riding in sand or have never ridden in sand, it likely be too much of a ride. All this said, if I was new, I would rather attempt it with a 250 than a 1200. The challenge on the 250 will be the long miles with a lot less comfort than a 1200.

Good Luck

kaosrider screwed with this post 02-12-2013 at 03:53 PM
kaosrider is offline   Reply With Quote