Thread: Hunting pics
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:59 AM   #400
NDEBT OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
I've been hunting locally since mid-December so that I could avoid being unpresent for my first kid's arrival. There's literally 200 acres of huntable public land accessible in bad weather in the area, but it's 3 miles from home. At first I was bent out of shape about having to hunt where it can be so unpredictable, but as is often the case, I just learned how to make full use of the area. I had a great second half of duck season pass-shooting, decoying, and jumping and I capped it off today with a nice goose to end the season. Strangely enough, I was leaving because of the number of good 'ol boy skybusters and they spooked one right past me.

Drew waited until after duck season was over to show up. I couldn't resist taking a picture for scale... but now it looks like the goose is whispering in his ear.

That is an AWESOME pic. Congrats on the hunt and more so for you're new Son
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain
NDEBT is offline   Reply With Quote