View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:37 AM   #6394
Klay
dreaming adventurer

Oddometer: 100,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog43 View Post
Another question oh wise ones on the forum: does removing the plug from that screw under the carb (not sure what that screw is called or what it does) and adjusting that screw have any effect on cold-bloodedness? I've started riding the bike with the temps in the 40's and realize just how bad the bike is compared to my other bikes. I really don't want to re-jet it, I re-jetted a Suzuki Bandit years ago and mucked it up such that the bike never ran right afterwards. I finally fixed it by trading the bike in for a different one, but I learned my lesson. I've seen references to tilting the carb for access to that plug, and wonder if the throttle cable needs to be dis-connected from the carb so the carb can be rotated. TIA

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN
Maybe others are better at it than me, but I have to take the throttle cables off to get the carb to rotate enough to work on it.

The Kientech jet kit works perfectly, so you shouldn't be afraid of going that route if you decide to. But you'll need to get that brass plug out regardless.

windigo
Klay is offline   Reply With Quote