View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM   #45
AJ990R OP
motorcycle guy

Oddometer: 187
Day 11 back to Fairbanks

June 26
Tues

Pulled over into a field south of Atigun Pass a ways, set-up my tent due to I needed to sleep. I didn't see as much wildlife as I thought I would on the Dalton. Saw moose wading in a marsh across the hwy from where I camped. Slept with bear spray in one hand and a buck knife in the other this night Didn't wake up & get moving till 11am
Tried to camp on top of a hill & in a open field, so the mosquitos were not bad

Rode the 300mi today back to Fairbanks, ate lunch & fueled up only once at Coldfoot on the return run, used my aux fuel & got back into town, first order of buisness was to pressure wash my bike(& me). My bike had over 5000mi now on the oil and I figured Fairbanks was the best place to change it. Kept hearing good things about Adventure Cycle Works, & there open 24/7! A father & son team. Called him up at 9 at night, and he said "come on over" I carried 1qt of oil & a oil filter with me, planned on buying oil & doing my own oil change somewhere but this was MUCH easier

He said it was the first KTM he had seen with the CJ Designs oil drain hose kit. He also pointed out my rear pads were metal to metal! No prob, he had a set He also had a brand new rear solid rotor from a 950adv but I passed on the rotor because I knew my dealer would take care of it at home. But I did buy a extra rear tire because I was told you could not really get any tires, anywhere in YT & upper BC areas. He also has a pressure washer! I spent $10+ at a car wash. Hung out here for hours till late, shot the breeze & watched him work on some other guys bike. Hoteled it that night & ordered a pizza. Never did end up staying at the university Dorms, I didn't want to go there cause it was so late that night, shoulda though, it would have been much cheaper...

AJ990R screwed with this post 02-10-2013 at 09:11 PM
AJ990R is offline   Reply With Quote