View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:55 PM   #29
WhicheverAnyWayCan OP
Deaf Biker

Oddometer: 628
Oh yeah, left out one more part.. my friend who is now a welding teacher at school I went to made this for me.

I am in between on what length(height) of rear shocks I wanted to use.. 13" or 14" or 15"? Maybe 16" When I contacted Progressive Shocks and asked them that if I purchased their shocks and find it to be short/long or not satisfied, could I return it for exchange or refund? They said no! Works Performance said they would prefer to get the height of the shocks correct although they can adjust it.

So I thought maybe the simple and cheap solution of the problem would be to get my friend to make a bar and drill one hole at the bottom and drill few holes at top from 13", 14", 15", and 16". When I have time this week or weekend, I will mount rear tire back on and then put this bar on where the shocks are supposed to be to get the feeling which height I want to work with on my sportster so my feet doesn't stand up without heels on the ground when I am standing up. I am 5'11" tall so it is crucial to get right height for me.

And this will allow me to move my bike from small working space over to my dad's huge shop and get my motorcycle lifter assembled then I can lift the frame and begin the process of removing harley's fork.
WhicheverAnyWayCan is offline   Reply With Quote