View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #15776
ducnut
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by bross View Post
By law, the dealer has to perform any recall fixes before they can sell the bike so any recalls affecting your bike should have them all done. But personally I don't take any ones word and check my vin myself. If you see any outstanding recalls, the dealer should have paperwork/work orders showing they were done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyMyBoy View Post
For a 2012 model what recalls will this bike be effected by? I've heard there may be some. Is that something a dealer will automatically take care of before delivery, or should I specifically ask?
There's a specific area on the pre-delivery checklist pertaining to recalls/updates. Be sure to look for it on the form, before signing it. Also, ask, to be sure they were done. You can't trust anyone.

I'd recommend buying the factory service manual. When you get it, completely go over every nut and bolt you can get to, making sure they're properly torqued. The person doing the assembly/setup, at/for the dealership, isn't always the most detail-oriented, as many times a third party company does that for them. Obviously, you'll need 3/8" and 1/2" torque wrenches. I'd, also, recommend going over those same bolts, at every oil change. I've found, the triple makes some harmonics that have a tendency to loosen bolts on the lower, left side of the engine. On the 1050s, it applies to the oil pan, too. If you ride two-up, or carry loads/ luggage, be sure to regularly check the subframe bolts.
ducnut is offline   Reply With Quote