View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #148
cogitate
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,944
Timely reading of this thread for me. I have been riding street since 1990, a few year hiatus in there. I had an accident in 2008 and shattered my arm. I work with my hands ( chiropractor) and did all i could to get back as quickly as possible: my now ex did not work nor show any incentive to (wonder why I am single?). I basically had to take care of myself as well as my family. It sucked and was very painful.

I didn't want to end my riding because someone elses mistake (other driver) so I restored a bike and started to ride again. I told myself i would quit when I decided, not because of anyone else.

Now, I am single, even more issues depend on me than before. I have a 20 year old daughter, and even if I hardly see her, i know what i mean to her in her life. I have to walk , feed and take care of my dog and for those of you who know the bond between man and dog, he really depends on me too. If anything happens to me, I have no one to help me. My income would stop and i would lose everything.

I guess that sucks the joy out of riding for me. Lately when i go out i can't wait to get home. I feel compelled to ride, but I feel I am ignoring that feeling in my gut.

I am heavily leaning towards selling my bike and just keeping my equipment. Maybe later on, who knows.

"The Howtostretch Handbook", a guide to stretching, free download
cogitate is offline   Reply With Quote