View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #3117
sanjoh OP
Purveyor of Light

Oddometer: 4,497
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landro View Post
How come nobody seems to use them?
Lots of folks use the wireless controller. I know I do, mainly because I prefer not to have any additional switches or hardware on the handlebars.

Quote:
While I'm at it, what does the wireless dimmer get me? Are the dimmer levels pre-set or infinitely adjustable? There looks like an on-off switch on the fob; is that so? Or do I have to hook into a keyed hot wire (or separate switch)?
Bob summed this up nicely, let me know if you have any further questions.

I recommend switched power for the controller, it has a memory and will come on at the last setting.

Quote:
And how about those lens protectors; do they fit the new lights?
Nope, working on it

Quote:
And since I'm here, any pics or suggestions for mounts on a new gen KLR? The huge amount of unsupported plastic on the bike covers or obstructs most good hard points. The Twisted Throttle windshield mount is super fugly (although I understand why, see previous sentence). I have Givi crash bars, but I, uh... crash a bit and would like the lights to survive. The fork reflector points also seem very exposed. So far, Two Headlight Ernie's upper fork brackets seem the best option, but I'm open to other suggestions . Especially cheap KLR ones...
Send me an email sandjoh@gmail.com

Quote:
Thanks for a reasonably priced and apparently high quality product John. I look forward to receiving them.
Thanks, let me know what you think of the lights.
sanjoh is offline   Reply With Quote