View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #352
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,642
Quote:
Originally Posted by S/W View Post
Dual sports are boring if you don't want one.
Cruisers are dull if you don't want one.
Sport bikes are dull if you don't want one.
Dirt bikes are dull if you don't want one.
Scooters are dull if you don't want one.
And,People who complain about bikes they don't want anyway are really really really dull!!!
Motorcyclists are people who ride what they want and enjoy. I prefer to ride with the motorcyclists, they are much more fun.
+2. Why 20 some pages of complaints about this bike? If you don't like it, you don't have to buy it. I'm just assuming there are plenty of other bikes out there that you do like. Buy one of those. But like I said, do it right away before they are gone.

I'm not really crazy about any new bike except Harleys, they have what I want in a motorcycle. But alas, I cannot afford one. I may very well get a used pre FI Sportster to have fun on. You can get them cheap on Craigslist. Sport bikes, or anything with a sport bike riding position I want no part of. I recently sold one, an '09 Ninja 500. Nothing wrong with it, I bought it new. But I could not ride it without a lot of pain. So that type of bike is out for me.

This new CTX is NOT going to be fun just to ride on short trips. What it is going to be is a comfortable reliable way to TRAVEL on 2 wheels, and that is exactly what I'm looking for. A mini Goldwing. A cruiser that doesn't look like a cruiser. My plan is to get one of these, the naked model with a manual transmission and no ABS, sell the Goldwing, go ahead and wear the Vulcan 750 out (77,000 miles already) and get rid of it, and this will be my only road bike. I still have a custom built (lots of goodies) XT225 for off road use, and will ride that as long as I can. A brand new Honda, ridden conservatively and properly maintained, should last me the rest of my riding life. And yes, at my age and in my condition, I ride conservatively. I will also have the Sportster and my old cars to tinker with and work on, and enjoy riding/driving around locally. One of my hobbies is VINTAGE cars and bikes. No, that is not for everybody, but it IS for me.

If you do not like this bike, go find a thread for a bike you do like.
1980 Puch moped
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote