View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:54 PM   #353
mike6282
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
According to a rider's favorite site, cycle-ergos, it shows that anyone with an inseam shorter than 29", his/her feet won't reach the pegs. 27-28" inseam can still flat foot but not ride, a strange ergo setup from Honda, for sure. That is just an average, but I've found that the specs and angles shown there to be accurate in my case, when looking at different motorcycles.

The NC700S sits more like a standard motorcycle with mid pegs and lower,more forward bar placement, but alas, not currently destined for the USA. Guess Honda believes a "cruiser" set up will be more widely accepted here, for Comfort's sake...tomp dd50
I love mid pegs, but given the seat height, they maybe too low to work on this motorcycle. The mid pegs would probably scrap on any kind of a sharp curve.

I think you have to take the info on cycle-ergo a guideline, not as fact. I have a 28" inseam and it says the CTX won't work for me. I checked various bikes and found a Honda Shadow Sabre was close to the peg position on the CTX. It says the Sabre won't work for me. A local dealer has a used one and I tried it out Saturday. It was fine at 159 degrees. Being that the CTX on cycle-ergo shows the CTX has having 152 degree bend, it should work for me.

I have had everything from a 100cc enduro, V-strom, Burgman, HD EG Classic and a Goldwing 1800. Two of my favorites were the Burgman and Goldwing and this bike combines a little of each. I like it.

Mike6282
Liberty Lake, WA
mike6282 is offline   Reply With Quote