View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #11
desmodab
Oversized Canuck

Oddometer: 238
I have to agree. I got my MTS 12 S Touring last April and put on 11300kms last year. Now as I sit looking at the ice and snow I am starting to go crazy wanting to get out and ride!

I couldn't agree more with what the other posters are saying about the Multistrada - just a fantastic bike. Fun, quick, reliable, great handling, etc. etc. etc.

One thing that is of note is I am a big guy - 6'-7" and 305lbs so I was VERY concerned that this bike (or most bikes) would be too small for me, but the Multi fits me better than my DL1000 VStrom did. It is comfortable to ride all day and I routinely do 330-350km on a tank without stopping.

My only complaint would be wind protection, or lack thereof. Not an unusual problem with bikes these days but I found it really tough to get it right for me, and finally ended up with a set of Aztec spacers under the windscreen and a Wunderlich wind deflector designed for a 1200 GS. It's not perfect but it's the best I have found thus far.

On a bit of a sour note, here in Calgary where I live there seem to be some dealer shenanigans going on. Anyone interested pls see my other post here:

http://advrider.com/forums/showthrea...5#post20707015

Safe riding all,

DD
desmodab is offline   Reply With Quote