View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:16 PM   #56
TxLoneRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikehigh View Post
I don't have any memory of how I managed to launch over the SUV. My best guess is that I was doing a stoppie when the bike hit the car, and that put me on a somewhat upward trajectory, and high enough to clear the roof. Wouldn't be the first time the rear of the bike lifted during an emergency stop.
Glad to hear you where okay. It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, but I've gotten a lot more cautious over the last few years.

Did you get another bike yet?

I am quite partial to the Tiger 800(XC) , and as always, you have to be careful, it is human nature to recommend ones own path, as a mere attempt of having the validation of someone repeating your decision :-)

Seriously though, the Tiger 80XC has all the advantages of the KLR650 (I had one), with about 40-50 very import added horses! Around town I was fine with the KLR, it was not until I need to be on a HWY for 20-30 minutes where the KLR drove me nuts. It was more than comfortable enough with the Sargent seat, it was having a top end of 75mph in an 80 mph world that hurt.

TxLoneRider is offline   Reply With Quote