View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #34
brooklyn slim OP
nasty, brutish and tall

Oddometer: 2,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by richtidebruin View Post
Curious why there is not much talk about the Super Ten in this conversation? Yes its a bit more than a 2012 DL650, but I would think it's also a lot more bike. There have been accusations of it being a bit less "adventuresome" than some of its competitors, but given 100% road use intended -- I'd think it would be in the mix. I tried the T800 roadie (the only XC the dealer had was being delivered at the time), and thought it was OK, but the riding position just didn't feel as good to me as the KTM. Just like everyone says, the engine is very nice no matter lugging or reving.... The Super Ten is on my radar for my next bike, due to the reliability and better on-road manners, along with the KTM 1190, or I'll just stick with the 990 if I can't make my mind up.
Don't know much about the Yam. I'm assuming that reliability will be good, but what's the ride like? Parallel twin=narrow, which is good. How much do you feel the weight of the bike? How much of a chore to toss it around? Torquey motor, or do you have get it spinning?

Checked out the pix of the Yamaha panniers, which look nice. Anyone have any experience with 'em?