View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #90
minkyhead
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
its a new bike with a high strung motor
but im feeling that i have a use for it on the weeekend aways with some decent trail riding thrown in
i can pack me stuff ride there dump it trail ride and then ride back over three days
#
ill be clear im not a great off road rider far from it ..... i just love trail riding ...but i hate trailers and vans and all that crap
ive done it and cant be bothered ..i get a lot of pleasure riding the back roads and dont worry too much about how long it takes ...i get a nose bleed if the front wheel goes more than six inches in the air

my feeling at the moment is to use the ccm for that sort of two night weekend

ill probably stick with the tenere for moroco as its tough and well suited to the rocky tracks and very capable until it gets really pretty rough or soft i dont think the ccm would be required for 90 percent of the trip

my only trail trail bikes have been xl125 dr350 a xr250 xr400 and drz 400 i get a nose bleed if i go over 40 on a firetrack ...ive used beta 450s and a ktm 525 off road which was too much for me
tired me out ..probably as i couldnt ride them fast enough for them to make sense
so im thinking this could be the ultimate weekend warrior for a fat old man

then again it would be a ready to race rally bike for a expert too ...with a a lower gearing or whatever ??

i could of course sell me tenere 28000 mile up for peanuts and order a new gs for 15 grand
or keep the tenere which is a cracking bike and try out the ccm for more demading terain without racking up 1000s of miles and keep the extra 5 grand to spend on petrol and beer and torque conveters

so thats how im approaching the bike ..im hoping it may do better than some think plodding along like i do ... but lets say it could do ..10.000 miles before a major overhaul at 2000 quid thats three years meetings and trails

if its as good as i hope it to be its not to bad ???

anyway im just saying what i have in mind for it
and im hoping its going to be a real hoot to ride as for around the world bike ..its got a lot of convincing to do

how about around north wales in a weekend with a load of trails thrown in ??? in that context its not any more fickle than a 690 ..but with all the tanks and stuff you need ..ok ok want the 690 maby looking towards 10 grand ??

any way just a insight into my logic ..but now and again you have to buy with your heart instead of your head and a s soon as i saw it i just wanted to give it a chance

less of this

and more of this is the aim ........one of my biggest ever wheelies by the way

if i could have my wish my tenre at 140 kgms would be at the top of my list a grat bike but soo tall

i wish this could be a little lower and 50 kgms less its a great bike though

minkyhead screwed with this post 06-09-2013 at 09:45 AM
minkyhead is offline   Reply With Quote