View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #19206
NCStephen
Riding NC

Oddometer: 2,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Gone View Post

Does he really need his knee out if he's not even close to being able to have his knee down?

Now correct me if I'm wrong (which is frequently) but don't you have your knee down to feel the road/tarmac and to help you judge your lean angle?
Good point.. When you truly shift your butt over and have a good full cheek off the seat and torso over the mirror, your shoulders open to the curve, hips square with bike or open a little to curve, leading with elbow, toes up on the peg, the knee just needs a place to be and sticks out all most without thought. It would be somewhat awkward to me to try and push the knee back in. You can do it by pushing your knee forward, which rotates your hip against the curve and tends to put your torso back towards the body of the bike. You then have to make more effort to rotate torso against how the hips are. It does tend to move weight a bit more forward however if you are needing that. Still it is more work for me to do all those twists, so the knee just sticks out almost naturally from this square or open alignment of hips and shoulder/torso and butt off the seat. Try practicing it on a chair and see where you knee goes.

NCS
76 Pillion Rider Ver 1.0
Give a holler, get a smile.

NCStephen screwed with this post 02-13-2013 at 01:21 PM
NCStephen is offline   Reply With Quote