Since I posted last I've made a few more mods to the Victory hack.
I purchased a front wheel that matches the one on the front of the bike from another inmate last year and had a machinist buddy fab up an axle, then my brother helped me widen the fiberglass fender by 3" to match the new, larger and wider wheel. This gives the rig a wider stance by almost three inches and the greater weight outside the car really improved the tendency of the chair to fly when not occupied by the dogs or a passenger:
I had a brushed aluminum gas cap with the Victory script logo that came with the bike sitting on the shelf. The plastic that attached the metal to the screw-in cap was busted when I got it, but I couldn't bring myself to trash it. Turned out that it was the perfect size to make a decorative cap to hide the screw holes for the aluminum cap my machinist made to keep dust out of the hub.
Before adding decorative cap:
With modified gas cap:
Then just before Christmas I added a windscreen to the bike (much nicer at speed on the slab!):