Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree88 View Post
belt to bellcrank clearance

closeup of above

belt to pulley cover clearance

holes that must be slotted (and half the thickness of the bottom spacer put behind ie: 1/4" in down will require 1/8" of spacers to get the bolts to tighten correctly)

you can just make out the 1/8" of washers behind the bracket.
I tried to take pictures of mine for reference, but my bike is set up a little differently. The exhaust and cross over pipe support is in the way of getting a decent angle on it. The pics I got were pretty useless, unlike yours.

I understand what you did with the top mounting bolts, but I'm still a bit confused. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong, or maybe I'm just dense, IDK, but it appears that about the only thing I could accomplish with spacers would be to move the master cylinder rearward, and not really down away from the belt. Do you have a pic of were exactly you placed the 1/4" spacer? Are you talking about behind the two large bolts below the m/c in this pic?

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote