View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #2974
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWJustin View Post
I sat on some bikes yesterday: Super Ten, Ural Hacks, Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX and MG Griso. The Griso reminded me of my MegaMoto, but it was lower and a the seating position was a bit more "sporty". The Stelvio reminded me of a GS, but an inch lower. It was pretty comfortable and I loved the giant headers coming out of that engine. I didn't care much for the front end (headlight design). The S10 was ok, but i just couldn't connect with it. Lastly, the Ural. Wow! I never wanted a funkier machine in my life! Sitting on it was similar to sitting on an atv or lawn tractor. It just seemed so utilitarian. Simple, yet beautiful.

So my pick for today? The Ural. Tomorrow? Probably one of the two Italian beauties (well, maybe the Stelvio is a beast).

I checked the Ural sidehacks out pretty good last year. Just looked them over I mean. Didn't ride one though. I have no idea how I'd get along with one in the real world but I will admit, there was a certain appeal that I can't really explain. If money and garage space were no object...

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote