View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 PM   #12117
GSPD750
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeljac View Post
Transport Canada ( www.tc.gc.ca/eng/menu.htm)

Importer must be able to provide proof that the vehicle is fifteen (15) years old or older as determined by the month and year of manufacture.
I recently imported a '96 Transalp from Germany to Canada which in the end proved to be a fairly simple process. Of course you first have to meet the 15 year rule and also ensure that you have the original title (official documentation paperwork) of the m'cycle from the country it came from. Also a 'bill of sale' in which the following form should work in any province. http://www.servicealberta.gov.ab.ca/pdf/mv/REG3126.pdf
That's it. You then pay the man at the Canada Border Services the GST in which they stamp the paper work giving you the clearance to go pick it up and in my case it was Air Canada Cargo. Besides the cost of shipping their was a $59 brokerage fee.
If anyone here is planning a trip to Germany and is serious about importing a motorcycle using the above rule you can PM me as I have contact in Frankfurt who can help you with logistics. The closer the bike is to Frankfurt the better. He is also a motorcycle enthusiast who happens to own an Africa Twin. Again...if your serious...drop me a PM.
GSPD750 is offline   Reply With Quote