View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #4625
Parcero
Mundial

Oddometer: 534
I bought a new GoPro Hero3 Black Edition to use on a recent moto trip in Colombia, since I left my older GoPro with my bike in Chile. The new Hero3 performed flawlessly, although the battery life could use improvement. Battery life was not great in the previous version either. I brought along an extra battery to solve this issue. The only thing that gave be problems was I began shooting video in 1440p at 48fps. The results were spectacularly clear, but my MacBook AIr didn't have enough processing power to view the flies smoothly. I switched the camera to 1080p 30fps and it worked well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulotex View Post
Hi Radioman.
Thank you so much for taking us along this wonderful trip. I have been following it for quite some time now :)

I just noticed you are getting the new GoPro Hero3. This morning I was reading some Amazon reviews, and it seems people are not very happy with the camera. It might freeze, drain the battery, and not behave as expected. Please check the camera before you leave to NZ, we don't want to miss films of this other leg of the adventure!

All the best.

Light Dual Sport Fun in Michigan

R1200GS / KLR650 / XR400 / XR250 / 1950 Panhead
Parcero is offline   Reply With Quote