View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 AM   #277
RexBuck OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 929
Feb 3 Cuenca and Super Bowl

Wandered around town a bit on Sunday Ė fairly quiet. Pretty, old town with lots of nicely maintained older buildings.

Posada del Angel

I thought the style of some of the older buildings was kind of cool.

A night shot down the street

The Plaza looking towards the Cathederal

Flower sellers in front of one of the churches next to the Cathederal

Had this outstanding sammich at the Hostel - first pic is the equally good appy

Was sitting around the hostel and heard this racket outside so go out to investigate. Some sort of parade

It stops and they put up this kind of May Pole

Lots of kids, all dressed up in traditional garb

Some ladies in their cool hats

Sunday was Superbowl. I enjoy football but donít follow it as much as I should, particularly on this trip when I followed it zilch. Couple of weeks ago I realized Superbowl was coming up and was looking for the date to see where I would be on the big day then see if I can find somebody showing the game. Discover to my surprise, that my team is in it.
Since I would be in Cuenca for the big day find out that an ex-pat bar called the Inca was going to have it on. Only problem is that in Ecuador they canít serve booze after 4 pm on Sundays . . . bit of a problem when the games starts at like 6:30. So, close the doors at 4 and turn it into a private party, problem solved. They had some pretty good beer on tap which was a nice change from the somewhat bland local beer. Oh, the game?

www.rexbuck.com - RexBuck's Latin America

RexBuck screwed with this post 02-15-2013 at 06:46 AM
RexBuck is online now   Reply With Quote