View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #60546
Vinduroman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 570
MartiniUp said:

Quote:
My 75 GS250 was purtier! And totally original except for the Works Performance shocks.
Well then... post pics of it! You know, put up or shut up!

Speaking of yours being a '75: Mine may have been a '75, too. I really can't remember. (Old age sucks, 'ya know!)

I purchased mine off Bill Hutchison over at Wheeler Kawasaki on Towson Ave in Ft. Smith back in the mid-70's... just can't remember the date any closer than that. It was Bill's personal woods scoot and he sold it to get something else. So, it was a model year old when I purchased it, I think? Bill had performed most of the mods, including the aluminum tank. I recall that I also received the OEM fiberglass tank with it, along with some other bits n' pieces.

SHOULDN'T have got rid of that one.

HOWEVER, in the interest of fairness, it DID have "warts". One thing I remember detesting was the stiff clutch (normal for that model engine) as well as some drag of same. (Again, all too common.) Didn't matter how it was adjusted, it was stiff and would drag. I also recall it drinking the gas... not as much trail range as I liked.

Other than those couple items, it was a great bike... especially considering its peers.

V-man