Thread: Go Sportsters
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #2187
Randy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye of the Tiger View Post
The fact that my wire wheels have tubeless tires with tubes in them makes me angry. I am used to keeping a tire plug kit with me, but I'm not patching tubes. Anyone know where I can get some cheap cast wheels that I can run tubeless tires? All the ones I see on line are really pricey and fancy looking,. Or a good way to seal the wire wheels so I can throw the tubes away?
Or, keep your spokes and convert your wheels to run tubeless. The internet is full of different DIY methods for doing this and there are companies that offer it as a service as well. I like the looks of spoked wheels but I'm like you about being stranded with no way to repair a simple puncture.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/tec...l/viewall.html

"some might call it a 'midlife crisis', I prefer to call it a renaissance of thought and action"... "Life is too short to do anything other than that about which you are absolutely passionate."..."Adventure is a frame of mind, set upon by action, not defined by equipment."..."It all boils down to your ability to say "SCREW IT" and really mean it"....Randy
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote