View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #20
mikeysduck
Slow Ride to Nowhere

Oddometer: 211
My XR1200 is a "fun" bike. Not the lightest on its feet. I think it's made to roll around the back roads. It just feels good. Freeway no problem. It's not my first choice to chase around canyon roads, at speed. It's more of a mellow 8/10's pace thing. It will go faster but you have to work it.

My biggest gripe is the small fuel tank. You'll get around 120 mi. per fill up. I keep gas cans in the garage for emergency generator needs. Like the earthquakes that pop up every 10 or 20 years. I use this (premium) fuel to top off the XR every time I leave the garage. It helps keep my emergency fuel supply fresh.

Keep the primary chain adjusted (simple) and the shifting is fine. Let the primary chain get out adjustment and shifting gets clunky.

The XR is a modern (?) bike that looks good sitting still, and better in motion. It's my first choice when the weather is nice, and I don't want to carry anything.

14 Tiger 800 For Sale 09 KTM 450 EXCR 75 Norton 850 E-Start Project 69 Z-50A Mini Trail with Lights 03 GasGas 280 Pro 03 CRF 230
mikeysduck is offline   Reply With Quote