View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #360
therivermonster OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 313
Project #6: Carbon Fiber Hanguard Deflectors - Part 3

Click here to go to part 2 of this project.

Well, today was the day. I made good on my delivery to the Z man himself. But before I get to that, let me give you a brief background on the finishing of his deflectors.

I wanted to add an extra spark of pizazz, and of course take the oppertunity to practice my painting skills, so I masked off a little trim line on the parts.

The ferring on Mike's KLR is silver, so I thought that a silver highlight would look good.

But I really didn't like how they turned out, so I sanded all the clear and paint off and started again. This time I figured that I may do better going the stelth route, so I went with black instead. I think that this turned out a lot better.

Today I dropped by the Zoomzu residents to drop off the goods. In no time we had the deflectors mounted and looking as good as ever. The rest of the pictures tell the story.

Zoom!!

The deflectors seem like they will provide a lot of protection from the wind and rain.

All geared up and ready for a test ride. I hope you enjoy your new deflectors, Zoom!

I have been thinking about putting together a compilation slideshow video of this build, so look for it comming soon. With that said, the delivery of the parts to the man that inspired this project officially marks the end to this build thread. Thank you, everyone for tagging along. It has been a very fun and educational build for me, and hopefully you all as well.

The end of the build has come, but I still have a perfectly good hand guard deflector mold sitting in the shop. If you have the Moose Racing hand guards mounted to your bars and you're looking for some deflectors to mount up, drop me a line.

My Virgin ADV Trip
, Rocks Flyin', Me Cryin', and God Looking On - A WABDR Adventure, Fun With Carbon Fiber

therivermonster screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 04:47 PM
therivermonster is offline   Reply With Quote