View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #6080
frog13
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipinn View Post
I have been lurking for some time now and enjoying all the post on here. I see a lot in common of what I enjoy having to do with motorcycling and I see a lot of people in my own age group too. Like some of you here I am now more interested in a lighter bike and ease of handling. I am 65 and find that I feel more confident on my trusted 250 than I do on my bigger bikes. I have a xr250l I bought new back in 1996 and most of the time it has been a shed queen. I have 1150 miles on it now as an example. I recently took it out aand started getting it all ship shape again, The biggest problem I have always had with that bike is it has ben hard to start. I bought a xr250 carb and that did not help much so went back to the stock carb. I think I finally found two problems that caused the hard starting.The decompression lever has now been deactivated and I have done the accellerator pump fix. Now it starts much easier than before but I still dream of electric start from time to time LOL..
I just ordered a set of luggage from the walmart web site that is pretty reasonable and a tank bag. I installed a new windshield this week as well. My next project will be to research the Rack's available for next month's update.
Thanks for all the good tip's on here.
Have you rejetted the carb/adjusted the pilot screw?.That seems to be a fix for hard starting(jetted too lean perhaps?).
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote