View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #65
pceire32
Irish

Oddometer: 602
Cocos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardWorkingDog View Post
The road is beautifully paved to about 2.5 miles north of Bahia San Luis Gonzaga. There is a Pemex station at the intersection to Alfonsina's, with a nice well stocked market inside, and the market to the west has the only selection of American IPA's that I saw in Baja.

That gives you about 30 miles of dirt road to get to Mex 1, passing through Coco's. There's definitely some sand sections--mostly near B. Gonzaga, lots of rocks, some washouts, but it's a major road--passenger cars and even commercial trucks travel on it. I have no idea your comfort level.
Thank you, sounds like my comfort level, is, go for it !
The only time I have had trouble with my GS is in deep sand, At the time I had Torrences a Road 70/30 tire. I have just upgraded to Heidenau Scouts a 50/50 tire (which I won at the BMW International Rally in Sedilia ). With a good amount of traffic the sand should be reasonably packed.
It is not only the tires on the bike but the tires on me too I am an old rider and at 71 have to consider everything.
I hear that Coco is putting a two Tequila shot toll where the road passes his place !

Again thank you
pceire32 is offline   Reply With Quote