View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 09:41 PM   #66
BigDogAdventures
Fart Letter

Oddometer: 4,853
Me and Hard Working Dog both rode that road North of Coco's recently.

That was the weirdest gravel-------in places you'd sink in it like sand and your bike would waller all around under you.
We were both on 250's---------you won't be happy on it with your BMW but you'll make it.

I actually got off the gravel and rode in the sand most of the time beside the road. It was much easier and I could do a good 50mph in it standing on the pegs.

Be careful on the nice pavement-----------you can go really fast on it if you want-----------but there are many huge deep quick dips in the road for water to run across the road during a hard rain that will put you over the handlebars.
I've got probably 10" of travel on my WR and I bottomed it out about 3 times.
Instead of putting a culvert under the road for the water to run under---they dip the road. They will sneak up on you.
Somebody just hit a cow on that road recently--------tore the front end off the bike---killed the cow---and broke his wrists and ribs.

And that road going West from Coco's----------will rattle your teeth out unless you have really good suspension. My Wr sailed smoothly over it when I kept my speed up.

BigDog

BigDogAdventures screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 09:46 PM
BigDogAdventures is online now   Reply With Quote