View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 12:42 PM   #1130
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Cool2 Salta to BA Pics

Yesterday my last day in Salta I went for a walk around and enjoyed the sights and outstanding weather. It was 32 and sunny all day.

I made a point of finding Casa Moderna. I was dying for something good to eat. They were closed for their Vacation...Oh No!

So I had a pizza across the street. Not so good but I ate it.

You see lots of these cool little Fiat 600's still running around town.

Up by the main square the prison service was displaying toys and furnishings made by inmates. It was all for sale. They do some very nice work.

Leaving Salta this morning I climbed a large hill and shot these views of the city

It was friggen hot today! Must have been close to 100 as I rode through ranch and farm country, South East of Salta

I tried to find shade when I stopped.

I had been watching clouds build in the mountains South and West of me in the heat all afternoon, I thought I was going to get wet but I wasn't expecting this....a dust storm!

I was really lucky. I only rode through that, with it's tremendous winds for about 10 K before I came upon a hotel

I parked the bike under cover in their cochera, got my room and the sky opened up! Thunder, lightening, heavy rain. I can't believe I found such a nice place in the nick of time.

Kedgi

Kedgi screwed with this post 02-17-2013 at 01:06 PM
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote