Thread: Honda CB500X
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #209
Davidc83
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 457
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloop View Post
Sorry, I thought that dealers could sell for any price they wanted, since I see other models for below or at msrp. Toledo east honda is selling the cb500f for below msrp on both abs and non-abs models, and I dont even know if they have them in stock yet. Plus the Canadian honda site suggest pre-ordering your cb500x before they are sold out. I may not be able to order a cb500x yet ( I'm sure most dealers would take a deposit from me) but i'm sure dealers have already put their orders in.
Dealers have not put their orders for the x yet, they can't-poppa Honda is not accepting orders for the x yet. Any dealer stating a price for the x is blowing smoke. The Honda reps at the Indy show yesterday don't know when Honda will take orders for the x, when the x will ship, or the price. The r and f version will ship in March.
For the guy who stated their local dealer wasn't charging extra fees-need to check the msrp-the r msrp is $5999 and the f is $5499. The Honda reps did say the x version will be limited production this year, so if you want one, you should get on your dealer list; they also stated not all dealers will get the x, and the ones which do, may only get one. One rep told me he believed the x price would be $6499, one rep told me he believed $5799, and one rep told me he believed it would be the same as the r.
I set on the 500s, the 700, and all 6-7 ctx bikes they had. I really k
Liked the nc 700 before I went to the Indy show. Egonomicaly, I was more comfortable on the 500x, the ctx500s next, and the nc700 the least. I am 5'10" with 32" inseam. If the x sell for less than $6000, I will be buying one.
Davidc83 is offline   Reply With Quote