View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #11
jules083
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver View Post
The Motorrad Dealership I worked at insisted all bikes be ridden after being worked on no matter how small the repair. 3.6 mile circuit. It wasn't billed extra. I found a multitude of defects the owners weren't aware of. Also, after major repairs it was our ass testing the bike, not the customers. Keeps you focused on quality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVDan View Post
I wish they did, they might have figured out they didn't align the rear wheel after replacing the tube, or maybe not. I was 70 miles away before I figured out why my bars weren't straight.
Yep. I would rather them take a test ride, for the above reasons.

I had a tire changed on an SV1000 once, when I loaded the bike in the truck to pick it up I noticed the rear wheel adjuster nut was loose and the chain wasn't adjusted.

Second one was a KLR that I bought. The guy had gone to the dealer for tires, then decided to sell the bike before he even rode it again. Chain was too loose and the rear caliper wasn't installed correctly, so there were no rear brakes at all.

A guy I know, but don't ride with much, had a Hayabusa in the shop for a tire change. Leaving the dealership the rear wheel fell off and dumped him on the ground. Didn't even get to the main road luckily. The owner told him to take his pick, any bike on the showroom, and the incident never happened. He left that day with a new Hayabusa.

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1003485
jules083 is offline   Reply With Quote