View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:16 PM   #68
waybill
cheap thrill

Oddometer: 635
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtybike View Post
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaning toward mounting the TKC80's even though I'll be doing 2200 miles of Interstate highway round trip, plus what ever miles I do while I'm in Florida. I go to Daytona Bike Week for a combination of warm weather riding, Daytona 200 & Superbike, and half a day at Main Street. If I have time I normally head south for a few days rather than stay in the "biker" areas.
I have not ridden TKC-80's yet, only Tourance and Heidenau K60's. I have a set of TKC-80's in my garage. From what I've read, they wear pretty quickly compared to what I've been using.
I'm thinking that taking this ride on TKC80's is worth wearing out a pair of tires. Now if I can rearrange my vacation to add a couple of travel days on the front end...
Thanks again.
You could run a Tourance on the back and TKC on the front, I do it, works fine. They'll wear out about the same time, 7-9k, maybe further. Some guys are running a Hiedenau on the rear and TKC on front, having good results. Last summer a buddy rode with that setup from Eastern Pa. to central Colorado and back and did a fair amount of offfroad while there with a 12GS, could put you in contact with him if you want.

The other thing is there's just a few places on this ride you'll want the extra traction and there'll be bypass's for the worst of it, most of the offroad are dirt roads. If it were me I'd run the longer lasting ones and maybe air down a little for the days of the ride.

1150Adv, 950Adv, 800GS, TR650, DR350

waybill screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 05:27 PM
waybill is offline   Reply With Quote