View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 05:47 PM   #4547
gkaan
Bikes on the Brain

Oddometer: 513
First ride - WOW!

First rides on your new bike can be unnerving. I'm always a little concerned if i have made the right choice and you never know until you have done some miles. I had a day off from work and took my first ride on my new to me 2011 mts 1200 S touring today and i am thrilled to say this is one kick ass motorcycle!

This is my first water cooled Duc but I knew the motor would be fantastic. Awesome, usable power and tons of personality exuding from that lovely sounding and loud V-twin were to be expected. Power delivery was smooth enough, linear and tractable with a real nice top end rush to the redline. The real surprise to me was the handling. This bike turns instantly like my KTM supermoto and handles like a bike seemingly 100lbs lighter than it really is. Definitely sport-bike like yet thanks to the DES it is also very supple on the bumps. The great steering lock and balanced ergos make u-turns a snap and the Sargent seat and calsci screen kept it comfortable in the sub 35 degrees weather. At 6'4" with size 14 boot i was worried about fitting but i was very comfortable.

Complaints? only that I will need more fore aft movement in the seat for longer rides and my finger flips the high beam on during spirited cornering. Also the starting doesn't instill confidence...it seems to hesitate for a second before cranking over. Overall i would say we're off to a great start.

gkaan screwed with this post 02-18-2013 at 05:55 PM
gkaan is offline   Reply With Quote